"About This Blog

Rich Hill is a small town in Bates County, Missouri, known as the "Town That Coal Built." Since 2008, this blog has been digging through old newspapers, county histories, family photos, and community memories to piece together the stories of the people, businesses, churches, and events that shaped Rich Hill — from its coal-mining boom years to the present day. Here you'll find everything from town-defining moments (train depot ambushes, natural gas jubilees, the founding of local churches) to the quieter stories of the people who called Rich Hill home — including a few who went on to leave their mark on the wider world. Have an old photo, a family story, or a correction? I'd love to hear from you — reach out at beardonme@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

1965 Rich Hill Phone Book

Tonights blog is a sample of what the telephone books used to look like for Rich Hill, Metz and Richards Missouri. I found this old 1965 Rich Hill Phone Book interesting as it depicts a good view of the country area tht surrounds Rich Hill. I also posted some of the ads











No comments: