Sunday, March 10, 2013

Email on Droz and the USS Little Rock

I received this E-mail yesterday from the blog, the guys name is Tim Kavanaugh 

I served with Don Droz on the U.S.S. Little Rock CLG-4 (1967-68) before he went to Viet Nam. I was an enlisted man RD2 and he was an officer but I stood watches in Combat Information Center and on the bridge many times. He was a good officer. I remember him well. Unfortunately I did not know much about him. I left the Little Rock in 1968 and served on two destroyers on the east coast before returning home to Minnesota. I watched a program on a river patrol boat attack in Vietnam in 1969. I looked him up on the Little Rock crew roster, knowing he had been killed in Vietnam. Funny how those memories are so clear more than 40 years later.

Tim

No comments: